Thursday, June 23, 2011

Opening Plenary - Storytelling as Best Practice

NASBHC's 2011 Annual Convention will kick off at 8:00am on June 27th with a workshop on storytelling from The Goodman Foundation's Andy Goodman.

Ever since we began talking to each other, telling stories has been the most powerful way to capture attention, engage an audience, and motivate them to act. Steadily advancing technology keeps handing us shiny new tools to communicate faster and farther – think iPads and Twitter to name just two – but in our fervor to remain current (and appear professional) we often ignore our natural inclination to tell a good story. In my presentation “Storytelling as Best Practice,” I will tell you why I believe storytelling remains the single most powerful communication tool you possess, how to tell a story that your audience will remember, and I’ll give you six categories of stories to collect that will help your organization advance your mission. I hope you will join me on Monday, June 27th, at 8:00 am for a session that may fundamentally change the way you communicate. (And if you’d like to read more about me and my work around storytelling, please visit my website, http://www.agoodmanonline.com/.)

Andy Goodman
Cofounder and Director
The Goodman Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment